How to Maintain Your Home Treadmill? (A Complete Guidance)Ok Webs
Treadmill Maintenance: An Introduction
Buying a treadmill or purchasing gym equipment to create a home-gym environment seems to be the ideal thing to do in 2021. In the pandemic-hit days in a busy Sri Lankan schedule it might not be enough, in case we need to protect our treadmills & equipment in the process as well. “10 Reasons to Get a Treadmill for Home in Sri Lanka” We also discussed this in a previous article.
This article is written with the idea of explaining and conveying the steps of how to maintain the quality of your home treadmill. Any sort of treadmill needs a simple maintaining structure. It might be simple, but it’s very significant in the long run as well. Treadmills from our high-quality fitness equipment are no different. While being easy to clean & maintain compared to other gym equipment, treadmills do require regular attention and attentive cleaning methods. If you don’t spend at least a minimum amount of time taking care of it, the machine will break down and you will find yourself looking for a new one.
Cleaning and maintaining treadmills for the home is not a fun job. That’s why we should do it correctly, and only to get the most out of our treadmills. Treadmills for home are expensive, and your workouts put a great deal of stress on the machine’s components. To have the perfect treadmill operations on queue for a long time, clean the surface after every time of usage, vacuum inside and around the machine about once per week, lubricate and maintain the treadmill’s deck and belt as required, and protect the machine with a mat, surge protector, and by keeping it on a level surface. There also is a treadmill maintenance checklist you should keep your eyes on, which we will look into next.
Treadmill Maintenance Checklist
- The treadmill should be chosen depending on the body proportions of the user. Most good treadmills come with pre-adjusted belt tension. However, as you use the machine, the belt will stretch out. If your belt becomes too loose, it will begin slipping, which causes excessive wear to the deck and the belt. If the belt becomes too tight, it will cause damage to the motor and rollers. The belt’s tensions should always be just enough to keep it from slipping. Also, the weight of the user and the height of the user can have an affect on your treadmill’s behavior. It’s always recommended to choose your treadmill taking your body proportions into consideration.
- When you start your treadmill, make sure to be standing on top of the deck, by spreading your legs or standing on the back of the belt, depending on your equipment structure. Avoid standing on the belt when starting the device. Even the best-rated treadmills for the home can require belt alignment from time to time. A treadmill’s belt should run straight down the deck’s center. If the belt does not follow this path, it needs to be aligned. To align the belt, adjust the bolts on each side of the rear of the machine. Make small adjustments and check your progress.
- Silicon oils, lubricants, and recommended liquids should be used on your treadmill. Our website includes the ideal lubricants for you if you want to check them out! Some of the best-rated treadmills for the home can lubricate themselves. These treadmills come with a special wax on their components that continues to lubricate the treadmill over time. Read your owner’s manual to determine if your treadmill needs lubrication. If you lubricate the machine unnecessarily, you may ruin the wax and damage the treadmill’s components. If you find that your treadmill does require lubrication, follow the instructions mentioned above & use internationally accepted lubricants to clean.
- Keep your treadmill in a safe, suitable place decided by you. While you may not be able to see it, your treadmill’s handles, belt, and screen likely get covered with sweat each time you run or power walk, which can cause the machine’s surface areas to corrode. Wiping down the surface areas on the machine will also help kill germs. Therefore, this is particularly important if you share your treadmill with anyone else.
- Remember to have a break or give a resting period for the treadmill when more than one family members are using it right after one another. Using it consecutively for a long period of time might fault in the deactivation of PCBs or the motor going out.
- Always make sure to keep your treadmill free of dust and clean. One of the most common causes of premature deck and belt wear is the accumulation of dirt and debris. For this reason, even the best treadmills for the home need regular cleanings. If you have a treadmill at home, you should clean the deck and belt one time each month. You should also clean the areas on either side of the belt, as well as the deck’s exposed areas. Wipe down the other portions of the machine using a damp cloth or sponge every week, and clean the treadmill’s motor area at least three times each year.
- On occasions when you are not using the treadmill for a long period of time, keep in mind to unplug your device to keep it safe from thunderstorm issues and other weather effects. Just like a desktop computer, these consoles may be damaged by power surges. To protect your machine from damage, connect it to an AC outlet that is properly grounded. If at all possible, use a dedicated circuit for your treadmill.
Ideal Treadmill Lubricants to Use
- It’s recommended to lubricate the deck every 150 miles so the belt won’t wear out. It’s also ideal to use the best lubricants to clean your treadmill to gain maximum results. You can find our products of treadmill lubricants on Eser Marketing International island-wide branches and as well as our website store. Below we have a few of our top choices!
Eser Marketing International Treadmill Lubricants Products Range
Treadmill Lubricant Spray 420ml
PUFF DINO treadmill lube spray is a professional product designed for treadmill maintenance and lubrication. By adding cosmetic-grade materials, it’s absolutely safe to apply on plastic and rubber parts. PUFF DINO treadmill lubricant spray is suitable for both professional and household treadmills.
- Volume: 420ml
- Current Market Price: LKR 1,900/=
Treadmill Lubricant Oil
Yet another high-quality, professional product designed for treadmill maintenance and lubrication. The lubricant is formulated for a wide range of modern treadmills. The product works great for home and heavy-duty commercial treadmills, most elliptical equipment, and a few other exercise equipment. This product is odorless and easy to apply. The lubricant reduces noise too. It also helps in reducing the need for maintenance or repair. PUFF DINO treadmill lubricant works well on treadmills from all kinds of brands.
- Volume: 500ml
- Current Market Price: LKR 3,750/=
- Volume: 1L
- Current Market Price: LKR 7,250/=
- Volume: 4L
- Current Market Price: LKR 24,500/=
Wearing proper footwear while exercising on a treadmill, keeping exercise equipment clean and free of dust, and regular lubrication and protection from sea moisture are critical to maintaining the longevity and function of the treadmill exercise equipment.
The treadmill equipment you purchase from Eser Marketing International comes with a minimum one-year warranty of up to 5 years (limited warranty – this varies depending on the type of equipment). You can also call Eser Marketing International for advice and services in case of technical support or equipment failure by calling 011-523 2121.සිංහල බසින් මෙ ම ලිපිය කියවන්න